Frequently Asked Questions about Kilkenny Eco Tours
Below we have covered some frequently asked questions about our trips. If you have a query that isn’t addressed here, simply call Mike on (083) 4448204 or email email@example.com
I have basic questions about my trip with Kilkenny Eco Tours?
We advise that you bring:
- a change of clothing
- a wind-proof lightweight coat (we can provide one if you don’t have one)
- wellingtons or an old pair of runners (or neoprene boots if you have them)
- Waterproof pants
- We recommend that you do not wear denims.
What does Kilkenny Eco Tours supply on the day?
- We provide all of the necessary equipment including buoyancy aids, helmets, dry bags for equipment and clothes.
- Please note however that we cannot guarantee that phones and cameras won’t get wet, so if you choose to bring them along, you do so at your own risk.
- We have a selection of drysuits and wetsuits as well as cagoules and wellingtons, if required. However, the intention is not to get in the water (unless you want to). Therefore, your own comfortably fitting clothing and footwear is preferable.
Where is the Meeting/Starting Point?
We are based in Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny, beside the River Nore. Our tour meeting and starting point is at the bridge in Thomastown, adjacent to Sweetmans Castle. If you put the eircode R95 WV77 into Google Maps, it will bring you to the exact location (listed as ‘Market Street, Thomastown’). See a map on the Contact Us page. Free car parking is available there and also at a number of nearby locations in the town. We also depart from the “Boatslip “ in Inistioge, double click on the Photo on the contract us page for a map giving directions. There is also car parking at this location.
I cannot swim. Can you advise ?
No, just as long as you are confident in the water. We provide buoyancy aids which we ensure are worn at all times and are properly fitted and adjusted.
I have a query about a health problem
Prior to going on the river, we will ask you some questions about medical conditions that we should know about and advise that you should bring necessary medication along. We have first aid qualifications and bring our mobile phones along in water protected pouches in case of any emergencies.
I have a question about the weather. What if it’s bad on the day of my tour?
Canoeing may not be enjoyed in poor weather conditions. In such circumstances, we may cancel a tour however in this case we will either refund any monies pre-paid or reschedule.
Do I need any particular skills?
No. Your guide will provide a River Bank Briefing before setting out on the water so that you know what to expect and you will also be shown some basic paddling strokes. This tour is designed to be relaxed and informative about the ecology and heritage we meet along the way, and above all enjoyable and fun. It is very much a soft adventure and as such it is suitable for even the newest of beginners.