Experience ecotourism the Kilkenny Eco Tours way!
Kilkenny Eco Tours offers day and half day ecotourism canoe tours on a picturesque stretch of the River Nore between Thomastown and Inistioge, Co. Kilkenny.
If you are easy going and like boats and soft adventure as well as learning about ecology and history Kilkenny Eco Tours is for you! Book today and enjoy the feeling of knowing that you are engaging in a low-impact ecotourism activity that is one of the most sustainable ways of exploring your surroundings.
What are ecotourism canoe tours in Kilkenny all about?
Tour itineraries are flexible and can include more or less adventure, environmental or other activities depending on the interests of the group. Up to 12 people can be accommodated ( 2 or 3 per boat) however larger groups can also be facilitated once adequate notice is provided.
For all enquiries or bookings contact Mike on (083) 444 8204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Half Day tours €45 per person. Special Group and Children’s rates . Call or email for details .
Sample Day Package for canoe Tour
– €65 per person (10.30am-5pm)
- Make your way to the meeting point at ‘The Bridge’ in Thomastown at 10.30am ( or agreed start time ) on the pre-booked tour date.
- Your guide will then brief you on the day and what to expect. This will be followed by training on basic paddling strokes and on safety.
- The group will then canoe leisurely down the river observing and discussing the ecology, historical and heritage sites along the way e.g. Grennan Castle, Dysart Castle, Brownsbarn House and Coolmore House.
- The group then continues on down river and finally disembarks the canoes at the scenic village of Inistioge.
- You are then free to explore Inistioge for up to 1 hour before being transported back to the original starting point in Thomastown, arriving no later than 5pm.
Half Day Packages for Canoe Tour
These take the same route as Full Day tours, except we don’t explore in as much detail the ecology and heritage on route. However there is still time to explore Inistioge. Tour starts at 1 o’clock (flexible ) in the afternoon and your back in Thomastown before around 5 o’clock.
Half Day Package – € 45 per person ( 1pm-5pm) Starting Time Flexible
Buses and Trains arrive in Thomastown from Kilkenny, Carlow and Waterford. Earlier Buses and Trains arrive in time for the Full Day Tour and later ones arrive in and around 12 noon in time for the Half Day Tour . You’ll be back in Thomastown for the evening bus/train home.
See further information on what to wear and bring along in the Frequently Asked Questions and there is also a map showing the meeting point on the Contact Us page. For bookings or enquiries, call Mike on (083) 4448204 or email email@example.com